Customs Laws were one of the strictest law in United Arab Emirates and there were certain items published by UAE customs that were prohibited to carry into UAE, the items even don’t allowed to export, import or transport through Emirates. GCC countries has certain set of Tariff codes for each restricted items, the below shown items were GCC wide banned. Only a permit holder can carry these items after filling Online Custom Declaration form which is subject to approval or dismissal after examination from Customs authority.
- Psychoactive compounds Narcotic Drugs such as Cocaine, Heroin, Poppy Seeds, or other kind of pill that induce Hallucination affects. Related: List of items From Indian Embassy banned for UAE
- Any kind of Item from boycotted countries of UAE cannot be imported.
- Made in Israel items were banned.
- Items primarily made from elephant tusks, ivory and Rhinoceros horn.
- Any Casino, Gambiling related machines and tools.
- Genuine heritage or ancient engravings, prints, lithographs, sculpture and statues of any country or material.
- Tires that were Second hand, recondition or inlaid
- Fishing nets having multiple layers or minimum three layers.
- Goods that emits radiations.
- Any kind of written material or Art that were opposite to Islamic Laws and Teaching.
- Any other item banned under UAE customs laws
- Fake Forged Duplicate Currency Notes or Coins.
- Food Cooked or Home Made. Anything containing poppy seeds
Must check your country specific embassy website to check more items that cannot be carried from your country to UAE.
The list is taken from www.dubaicustoms.gov.ae Official Dubai Customs Website